1. Facebook likes happy people
When posting a beautiful picture, be sure to select pictures that project positivity. Show your audience that customers enjoy their trips with you and would come again. For example, if you are a tour operator offering hiking tours, you could post pictures of customers on the top of the mountain, photos of the hiking tracks and the views from the top that people can enjoy if they book with you.
2. Don’t post too much, but post regularly
Don’t spam your fans. If your fans want to read or see more from you, they will let you know. Always choose quality over quantity. As a benchmark, it’s common to post 3-4 times a week in the tourism industry.
3. Respond to comments and messages
Engagement is really important on Facebook. As we mentioned earlier, Facebook wants people to have a good time on their platform, so making people wait for an answer will decrease your post’s appearance in people’s feed. Checking regularly is great, but giving people immediate answers to common question is even better and Facebook will rank you better. Check out our free Facebook Chat solution to decrease response times.
4. Find the best time to post on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest
Don’t forget that people behave differently on each channel. That’s why Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and co. have different best times to post.
On average, the best time to post is 1-4 p.m (all timezones). when click-through rates have shown to be at their highest. But if you want to know your pages’ click-through rates, you should read more about Facebook insights.
The best times to post on Instagram are on Monday and Thursday, at any time other than 3-4 p.m. Videos should be posted between 9 p.m.-8 a.m., on any day.
Saturday evenings are said to be the best time to reach users on Pinterest, especially between 8-11 p.m.
Because Social Media peak times don’t always fit office hours, it makes sense to schedule posts – it is really easy, read here how to do it.
5. Engage your fans
A good engagement rate is really important for your Facebook performance. The easiest way to raise engagement is to ask questions that your target group has an opinion about. But don’t post engagement baits. High quality content is really important for Facebook and therefore for your ranking.
6. Take advantage of Facebook features
Facebook has a lot to offer for tour operators and travel agencies. Here is a short-list of free Facebook features that are must-haves for every business page:
- Book now button: This is where the booking link to your website or store should be placed.
- Events: Create a Facebook event on your page for every event you create. Even if it invitation only.
- Subscribe: Gives user the option of following your page without having to “like” it.
- URL shortener: Long URLs are not nice to look and especially not to read.
- Hashtags: Although hashtags are popular on Instagram, they can make sense on facebook to help users search specific topics.
If you have any questions, please write us a comment and we are happy to help.